Easy Keto Dinners is a colorful, well written, bright and cheerful cookbook created by the outstanding author, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. It contains over 50 recipes that are quick and easy to prepare. And I mean easy! These recipes use items you already have in your refrigerator or pantry!
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Easy Keto Dinners is Filled with Tips and Helpful Hints
In Easy Keto Dinners you’ll find so many tips and tricks for planning and creating easy and delicious meals. Carolyn also provides a recommended convenience food section for some of her favorite ready-made healthy foods. You’ll find suggestions for the right tools and how to reuse and recycle leftovers into delightful and wonderful meals.
Another great feature in Easy Keto Dinners there are great reference icons in each recipe flagging them for family-friendly, freezer-friendly, make-ahead meals, 30 minutes or less, simply-slow-cooked and my favorite one-pan wonders! Also the reference icons include allergen alerts which Carolyn provides a work around for many of those recipes.
In conclusion the recipes in Easy Keto Dinners are well written, with an easy to follow ingredient list and recipe instructions. Many of the recipes offer extra tips that include serving suggestions, make ahead, or make even faster. This cookbook includes an excellent and well organized general recipe index is preceded with a picture index labeled by chapter with beautiful color photographs.
Easy Keto Dinners is a wonderful companion cookbook to pair with Carolyn’s recent The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen. Also, these recipes will work for those who are following the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle as THM S meals.
Instant Pot Meatloaf from Easy Keto Dinners
The Easy Keto Dinners recipe for the Instant Pot Meatloaf was a huge hit at our house. My husband, Richard, gave this recipe the thumbs up. In addition, he commented commented on how cooking a meatloaf in the Instant Pot not only saves time and energy but also locks in the moisture. He was pretty happy that he got his dinner faster!
Maybe you haven’t ordered your copy of Easy Keto Dinners but don’t worry because Carolyn’s says to feel free to use a store bought sugar free ketchup to make it even faster.
I’m very excited to share this recipe with permission from Easy Keto Dinners by Carolyn Ketchum.
Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf
Yield: 6 servings Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
1/3 cup (33g) blanched almond flour
1/4 onion, minced
1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper and garlic powder
1/2 batch Cheater’s Keto Ketchup (from page 136 Easy Keto Dinners)
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients except the ketchup. Use your hands to mix well.
- On a large sheet of aluminum foil, shape the meat mixture onto a loaf roughly 5 by 7 inches. Spread the ketchup over the top and sides of the loaf. Shape the foil around the loaf so that it comes party way up the sides, with some space between the meatloaf and the foil.
- Set the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner and add 2 cups of water. Set the meatloaf on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set using manual or pressure cook mode button for 25 minutes. Use the quick-release vent and let all the steam escape before removing the lid. Next, check that the internal temperature of the meatloaf registers at least 155 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Allow the meatloaf to rest 5 to 10 before slicing and serving.
Allergen Option: You can substitute crushed pork rinds or ground chia seeds.
Nutritional Information – Calories: 422, Fat: 28.3g, Protein: 34.1g, Carbs:4.5g, Fiber: 1.3g
Slow Cooker Method: Place a rack ( or some balled up tin foil) in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Place meatloaf in its foil cradle on the rack. Do not add water to the slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
More Cookbooks and Kitchen Tools!