Instant Pot Meatloaf – THM E or FP
Instant Pot Meatloaf was developed from a recipe given to me by my dear friend and coworker, Karen B. It’s our favorite meatloaf and helps to keep our trim going. The horseradish gives it a bit of zing without over doing it.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
For an E meal pair this meatloaf with a steamed non-starchy veggie and a small sweet potato. We like to steam zucchini and add a few pinches of dried dill weed for flavor.
To use in a FP meal pair with a steamed green veggies like zucchini, broccoli or green beans along with a dark green leaf salad with a FP dressing. Yes, this is coloring a bit outside the lines to use oatmeal in a FP but the amount per serving is very small and fits with the carb limit.
I choose to use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden in the topping because I found the flavor to be the closet to the original recipe’s brown sugar. It’s available online or in many larger grocery stores. It’s a bit pricey but works great for this recipe. I use it sparingly in some of my converted treats and recipes where I want a true brown sugar flavor without the carbs. If you prefer you can use 1 teaspoon of a homemade THM brown sugar substitute.
Accessories and Ingredients Used for Instant Pot Meatloaf
A few of our favorite accessories and ingredients used in this recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef, 97% lean
- ¾ cup oatmeal (old fashioned oats)
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup green pepper (finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ½ cup ketchup (sugar free)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (sugar free)
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup egg whites
- Lightly spray a 6 cup Bundt pan with coconut oil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set a small baking rack on the baking sheet.
- Add ground sirloin to a large mixing bowl, break up with a fork. Add the remaining meatloaf ingredients and mix well. Spoon and press into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Place 2 cups of water in the Instant Pot liner, add trivet. Using an aluminum foil sling or long handled Instant Pot trivet lower the pan into the liner.
- Set Instant Pot using [Manual] or [Pressure Cook], set time to 20 minutes. When pot beeps hit cancel and release the pressure. When the pressure has released remove lid and check the temperature with an instant read thermometer, it should read 155 degrees.
- Remove meatloaf from the Instant Pot. Carefully drain the liquid from the meatloaf and then invert over a metal rack. Place rack with meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Set oven to broil.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a 1 cup measuring cup, stir well until completely blended.
- Spoon topping over the meatloaf, place under the broiler (6 inches from the heat) and broil until the topping just starts to bubble. Turn off oven and remove meatloaf. Gently slide onto a serving platter.
- Prepare meatloaf as directed for instant Pot. Shape into 2 loaves on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Pour topping over loaves and bake an additional 5-6 minutes.