Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Instant Pot!
Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake is another great recipe converted to fit THM and the Instant Pot from my dessert crew days at Millard’s at the Summit restaurant. This is actually a fun and simple twist on the Simple Instant Pot Cheesecake. It’s just the right amount of pumpkin flavor without over powering the cheesecake. The crust has a hint of gingerbread flavoring with some tasty Sugared Pepitas added to the crust.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Accessories and Ingredients Used in Instant Pot Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
Here are a few of the accessories and ingredients used to create this recipe.
- Serves: 12
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sodium: 231mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- ¾ cup THM Baking Blend
- 4 teaspoons THM Gentle Sweet
- 1/16 teaspoon THM Himalayn High Mineral Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash ground cloves
- ¼ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugared pepitas (optional)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, low fat (room temperature)
- ⅜ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- Set all ingredients out to bring to room temperature.
- Prepare your cheesecake pan. My cheesecake pan of choice is the Fat Daddio 7 x 3 inch Cheesecake pan. Remove the center plate and set on top of parchment paper to trace a circle. Cut out the circle; place removable center plate back into the cheesecake pan; spray very lightly with a refined coconut oil spray. This will keep the parchment paper adhered to the pan bottom. Lay the parchment circle into your pan, smooth out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the crust dry ingredients (THM Baking Blend, spices, Himalayan salt and THM Gentle Sweet) thoroughly in a medium bowl using a whisk.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla; mix with a fork until you get a nicely coated, crumbly consistency. Add sugared pepitas(optional)
- Pour mixture into your prepared cheesecake pan and press evenly into the bottom and out to the edges of the pan. I like to use a tart tamper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack while you prepare the filling.
- Place cream cheese and THM gentle Sweet in large mixing bowl; beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. While the mixer is running gradually sprinkle in the xanthan gum, mix until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla, switch to mixer to low speed adding one egg at a time just, mix until just combined.
- Place 1 cup of filling in a small mixing bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Ste aside.
- Lightly spray the sides of your prepared pan with coconut oil spray. Pour half of the remaining plain filling filing over the crust. dollop with half the pumpkin filing, spread over plain layer. Repeat with remaining fillings..
- Tightly cover cheesecake with aluminum foil.
- Add 1½ cups of water to your Instant Pot liner, place liner in the pot add trivet if you are using an aluminum foil sling. Place cover cheesecake pan on sling and lower into the pot. If using the long handled trivet place cheesecake pan on trivet and lower both into the liner.
- Set pot using either [Cake], [Manual] or [Pressure Cook] buttons, set time to 30 minutes. When pot beeps let it NPR (naturally release pressure) for 15 minutes. Release an remaining pressure, remove lid. Use paper towels to mop any water from the foil cover. Remove cheesecake and set on a cooling rack. Remove foil cover, dab any water puddle with the corner of a paper towel. Gently run a thin knife blade around the edge and allow the cheesecake to cool to room temp. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night.