Sugared Pepitas a Healthy Snack
One of our favorite snack are organic Pepitas aka pumpkin kernels. Plus they are very good for you since they are high in manganese, zinc and protein! Pumpkins, and their seeds, are native to the Americas, and indigenous species are found across North America, South America, and Central America. The word “pepita” is consistent with this heritage, since it comes from Mexico, where the Spanish phrase “pepita de calabaza” means “little seed of squash.”
More Ways to Use Sugared Pepitas
Here are some ways that I like to use Sugared Pepitas:
- Garnish Pumpkin Pie Pudding Cups to give your desert a gourmet look and added crunch
- Add them to your Pumpkin Cheesecake Crusts
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of mixed green salads.
- Add them to Granola for healthy crossover for children
- Lunch Box Snacks
- Add to Skinny Chocolate
- Add to Treeces from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook page 378
- Add to baked treats in place of nuts
Accessories and Ingredients Used in Sugared Pepitas
Please note that our site uses affiliate links within our recipes and some of our other posts. We do earn a small advertising commission if you shop through our links. There is no additional cost to you and we would be forever grateful if you would use these links to shop for items to help us to continue to blog great recipes for your journey.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 15x10x1 baking sheet with coconut oil spray, set aside.
- Combine THM Gentle Sweet and water in a small sauce pan. Heat until the sweetner is totally dissolved, remove from heat and cool.
- Place pepitas in a medium mixing bowl, pour sweetened water over the seeds and mix thoroughly to well coat pepitas.
- Using a slotted spoon spread pepitas on prepared baking sheet, spread into a single layer. Discard any remaining sweetened water.
- Sprinkle with salt. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown, stirring twice. Let cool on baking sheet.
- Store in a the refrigerator in a tightly seal glass container for 1 month.