Vitamix Blender Almond Milk – THM FP
Making Vitamix Blender Almond Milk is part of the THM Vitamix Blender Challenge 2020. It’s super easy to make and a fuel pull to boot!
It only requires one quick prep step – soaking your almonds in a glass or stainless steel bowl for 8 hours. I soak my almonds shortly before bedtime so they are ready to go in the morning. It only takes about a minute to blend them up with 4 cups of water.
I use a nut bag to strain out the pulp. Merely place the bag into a large bowl and slowly pour your blended water and almonds into the bag. I like using a mixing bowl with a pour spout so it’s easier to pour the finished milk into my bottles. Gently squeeze the bag over the bowl until you have strained all the milk leaving the nut pulp behind. I store my almond milk in glass dairy type milk bottles.
Items I Use When Making Almond Milk
I prefer using a nut bag to strain my almond milk but you can use cheese cloth if your prefer. These are washable and reusable. I store my non-dairy almond milk in glass milk bottles.
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 26
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- ⅛ cup almonds (raw)
- 1 cup water (for soaking)
- 4 cups water (preferably filtered)
- Place the almonds with one cup of water in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Soak for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse soaked almonds, place into the Vitamix blending container.
- Add 4 cups of filtered water and blend on highest speed for at least 1 minute.
- Place a nut bag or filtering bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into filtration bag and allow the milk to filter through. You can use a spatula to stir the milk encouraging it to filter quicker.
Would this work with cashews? I really like cashew milk.
Hi Tammy! You can make cashew milk in the Vitamix. The process is slightly different.
Jena Tryfiak says
I just got my Vitamix and am looking at different milk recipes. Their version is one cup of almonds to 3 cups of water. Quite a difference!
Hi Jena! You can make your almond milk with 1 cup of nuts to 3 cups of water but they would not be A fuel pull for the Trim Healthy Mama (THM) plan. This recipe fits the THM plan.
A tip about using a nut bag, probably seen on the THM FB page: turn your nut bag inside out before straining the almonds (or other nuts.) It eliminates the issue of pulp collecting in the seam and makes clean-up so much easier.
Great tip! Thank you for sharing!