THM Vitamix Challenge Week Three is Using Your Vitamix as Your Personal Kitchen Assistant
During the THM Vitamix challenge week three we’ll be focusing on using your Vitamix for prepping ingredients by chopping ingredients like carrots, onions, and garlic much faster than that trusty chef knife and cutting board. Next, we’ll create some frozen desserts like sorbet and satisfying ice cream (no ice cream maker needed).
New to the Vitamix Challenge?
Chopping Ingredients with Your Vitamix
Let the Vitamix do the work for your chopping and dicing prep. Vitamix chopping can be divided into two categories: Dry Chopping or Wet Chopping.
Vitamix Dry Chopping
It works best for sturdy vegetables like carrots, cabbage, celery or onions. Also, you can grate hard cheeses, like Parmesan. You can create your own seasoning blends, then freeze for a quick grab. Therefore, saving you time from searching them in the grocer’s freezer section.
Try your hand at drop chopping for a quick dice. Set your variable speed to 3 or 4, turn you machine on and remove the lid plug. Merely, drop ingredients like onion, garlic, or carrot through the lid plug into the spinning blades.
Here are some ways you can use your Vitamix for dry chopping:
- Chop Veggies for salad toppings, stir-fry, or recipes like casseroles, chili, chunky veggie soups
- Chopping Nuts, Dates, Apples, Cranberries, Cheese, and Chocolate
- Chop salads like Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, Egg Salad, Broccoli Salad, Carrot Salad, etc.
Next, need grated Parmesan cheese? Here’s a great recipe and instructions for grating Parmesan cheese: Grated Parmesan Cheese
Vitamix wet chopping uses a liquid to chop your added ingredients. This is often done with cauliflower, broccoli stems, cabbages and carrots for slaw type or chopped salads. In addition, putting clusters of cauliflower in your container then filling with water until the veggie floats is an easy way to make cauliflower rice because you can see as the cauliflower breaks up into the desired size.
Here are some recipes and ways to use wet chopping:
- Quiches and Omelettes – chops the veggies and or meats and scrambles the eggs at the same time
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Items I Use When Wet Chopping in My Vitamix
One thing that I use a lot for wet chopping with my Vitamix are mesh strainers. I use different sizes along with a larger size for larger quantities. Another item I use is a linen towel for drying ingredients from wet chopping. As an An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases, but your price never changes.
It’s fun to blend up a quick whole-food sorbet or frozen desserts when the ice cream cravings hit. Frozen sorbet recipes will usually fit within the perimeters of a THM E setting. Since most THM desserts are an S this certainly will come in handy when in need of THM E snacks or desserts.
Here are some easy frozen desserts to try:
- Dole Whip – THM E – Even tho this is made with honey as a sweetener, 1 teaspoon of honey is allowed for medicinal purposes on plan. Using a local honey can help those with summer allergies. If you prefer use just an on plan sweetener for the honey. Another, great tip when eating pineapple, use some of the core because that’s where the most concentrated anti-inflammatory bromelain enzyme is found.
- Strawberry Yogurt Freeze – THM E – When using a 0% regular yogurt that you sweeten with an on plan sweetener and adding a touch of vanilla will keep you in E territory..