THM Vitamix Challenge Week Four is Creating Batters and Meal Planning
In the THM Vitamix Challenge week four we’ll be using our machines to create batters for on plan delights and treats. There are recipes for pancakes or waffles, savory or sweet muffins, cake and bread. And finally, we’ll end the challenge with a one day meal plan menu that you create incorporating your newly found skills using your blender.
New to the Vitamix Challenge?
If you are just now dropping by for this challenge you can visit week one here: Week One Challenge followed by week two: Week Two Challenge. Finally, you’ll can visit week three: Week Three Challenge.
Creating Batters and Baking with Your Vitamix
Family size recipes should work well in all types of Vitamix containers, both wide and narrow bottom containers. Just be careful when blending, over blending can cause baked goods to be tough. Here are some great blender recipes:
- Low Carb Cranberry Muffins by All Day I dream About Food
- Savory Low Carb Cheesy Garlic Bread by All Day I dream About Food
- Trimtastic Chocolate Zucchini Cake from Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook page 296
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes from A Sweetlife
- Trim Healthy Pancakes from Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook page 259
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Blender Waffles from All Day I Dream About Food
- Wonderful White Blender Bread from Trim Healthy Table page 242
Tools and Items That I Use For the Challenges
Here are some great tools and items that I used for the challenges. Listed is my favorite nut bag for making almond milk along with my favorite glass bottles for storage. As an An Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases, but your price never changes.
Take the Challenge and Create a One Day Meal Plan!
In your meal planning and meal prep plans incorporate one day where you will use your blender for all of your meals and snacks. If you have been challenging yourself to use your blender more this should be a great exercise for you.
Meal Prep Ideas
For meal prepping think about things that you can use throughout the week.
- Almond Milk
- Make mayonnaise
- Prepping chopped veggies
- Salad dressings Pear Apple Salad Dressing or Strawberry Dressing
- Trim Healthy Pancakes or Waffles to freeze for quick meals
- Peanut Butter or other nut butters
Planning an All Day Blender Day Menu
When planning your all day blender day menu it doesn’t have to be the entire meal! Just use your blender for some or part of your meals. Here are some ideas:
- Pancakes or Waffles for breakfast
- Muffins – savory to pair with a meal or sweet for breakfast or snacks
- Trimmies from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook
- Trim Healthy Shakes or Frappes for a snack or lunch
- Soups for either lunch or dinner
- A dinner or lunch quiche
- A relish for a meat entree like Cranberry Orange Relish
- Hummus for snacks
I hope this challenge has helped you learn new techniques and a few new ideas for your THM journey. And finally, please let me know if you have enjoyed the four week Vitamix challenge. Happy Blending!
I use my Vitamix to “dice” tons of onions at once, then strain, spread to freeze on a cookie sheet, then bag in the freezer. It is a game changer for dinner meal prep to already have diced onions available.
Great tip! Thank you for sharing!