Blackberry Flaugnarde is a Fruit Flan
When I worked at the restaurant, Millard’s at the Summit, one of my joys was creating desserts for the owner. We both liked the same family style type desserts. This recipe is a an on plan version of our Dark Cherry Clafoutis (Custard Pie). Clafoutis is delicious but would be a crossover with the Trim Healthy Mama lifestyle. Flaugnarde (pronounced: [floɲaʁd]) is a baked French dessert with fruit arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter.
This dessert literally takes no longer to whip up then it takes to preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Blackberries were the perfect choice for this flaugnarde aka fruit flan. They are larger than raspberries and a bit sweeter.
Tools and Items Used for the Blackberry Flaugnarde
Three of my favorite ingredients and or prep tools that I used in this recipe. Please note that this post contains affiliate links for products and tools that I personally use. I earn a very small commission from these links which help me to keep my blog going and it is greatly appreciated if you use them as a shopping convenience.
A Note on Nutritional Values
I prefer to give accurate nutritional values on my recipes for all my followers. The greaestt thing about Trim Healthy Mama is the food freedom that we enjoy and it’s not about counting calories or measuring this or that. For THM the blackberries are a FP and not counted as a carb source if the serving falls within the guidelines. For THM your net carbs would be 3 grams .
- ⅔ cup THM Baking Blend
- 3⅓ tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet ((3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon))
- ⅛ teaspoon salt ((I use THM Himalayan MIneral Salt))
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon THM Gentle Sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine the THM Baking Blend, THM Gentle Sweet, salt, eggs, half and half, heavy cream and vanilla. Blend thoroughly.
- Generously spray the bottom of a 10 inch glass pie plate with the coconut oil spray. Spread the blackberries on the bottom of the pie plate. Pour batter slowly over the fruit.
- Place pie plate on the center oven rack and bake for 50 minutes until puffy and golden in color. Remove from the oven and cool 40 minutes.
- Dust with THM Gentle Sweet. Serve cold or at room temperature.