Jenifer’s Favorite Peach Mango Compote in the Instant Pot
What a fun recipe! My friend Jenifer shared her steps for making a mango compote in the Instant Pot. So this recipe is a spin off from her gracious share. We love peaches and they are the bomb with mangoes!
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Peaches have a bit fewer carbs than mangoes but you can totally make this using just mangoes. Just sub the peaches for all mangoes. This is quick and easy in the Instant Pot but you could do it on a stove top by simmering your fruit over a low flame for about 15-20 minutes. Just be sure to check for tenderness after 10 minutes and gauge the cooking time from there. You wan to use a low heat so that your fruit doesn’t scorch.
You can add more water if you like it thinner, but by using only the 1/4 cup of water it will give you a thicker compote.
Ways to Use Peach Mango Compote
I layer homemade Instant Pot fat free Greek yogurt with this compote for lunch boxes and snacks. The 8 ounce ball jelly jars work great for this purpose with reusable plastic lids. The reusable canning jar lids store great in the frig and are easier for lunch boxes.
Breakfast: Stir some mango peach compote into your morning oatmeal for a fruit flavored treat. It’s also great as a fruit spread on sprouted wheat or sour dough bread toast.
Lunch: Add some sweet and zing to a turkey sandwich. Spread a tablespoon of compote one slice and a wedge of laughing cow cheese on the other. Layer your sandwich with fat free turkey and lettuce – yum!
Dessert: Layer fat free Greek yogurt in a parfait glass with peach mango compote and a few slices of peaches for a great E dessert!
Recipe Tools and Accessories
Here are a few accessories and ingredients used in this recipe.
- 2½ cups mango (chunks, frozen)
- 2 cups peach slices (frozen)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup THM Gentle Sweet
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Place ¼ cup of water in your instant pot liner. Add the frozen mango chunks and frozen peach slices.
- Place the liner in the pot, lock lid and set to sealing. Hit [Manual], reduce time to 3 minutes.
- When the pot states 00:00 use a quick pressure release to release the pressure in the pot.
- Remove the liner from the pot using pot holders or silicone mini mitts. Add the THM Gentle Sweet and lemon jiuce..
- You can ladle the compote out into a Vitamix and give it a few quick pulses to reach your desired consistency or use a stick blender right in your liner.
- Ladle or pour into a storage jar.