Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake with Spiced Pepitas
Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake is another great recipe from my dessert adventures while working at Millard’s at the Summit. What’s fall without pumpkins? This is by far the creamiest cheesecake I have made in my Instant Pot. The pumpkin flavor is spot on with just the right amount of spice and pairs perfectly with homemade whipped cream. The roasted sugar and spice pepitas are fun to make while adding a bit of crunch! Pepitas make a great S snack for a lunch box or use them as a salad topper for a bit of sweet and crunch.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Tips for Pumpkin Cheesecake with Spiced Pepitas
The Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe was tested and cooked in both the Instant Pot DUO Plus and the Instant Pot DUO 80. Also, the cheesecake pan size is very important due to the batter volume. I used the Fat Daddio 7 x 3 inch cheesecake pan resulting in a very high cheesecake. I would also highly recommend the Fat Daddio 8 x 3 inch cheesecake pan for this recipe when using the DUO 80, 8 quart pot.
Accessories and Ingredients Used
Here are a few of the accessories and ingredients used to create the Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe.
- ¾ cup THM Baking Blend
- 4 teaspoons THM Gentle Sweet
- ¼ teaspoon THM Himalayan mineral salt
- 1/16 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash ground cloves
- ¼ cup butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons spiced pepitas
- 16 ounces cream cheese, low fat (2-8 ounce packages, room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons THM Gentle Sweet
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- 2 eggs (large, room temperature)
- 2 egg yolks, whole (room temperature)
- Set all ingredients out bringing them to room temperature for best results
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your cheesecake pan. My cheesecake pan of choice for this recipe is the Fat Daddio 7 x 3 inch Cheesecake Pan. Remove the center plate and set on a piece of parchment paper to trace a circle. Cut out the circle, place removable plate back in the pan, spray lightly with coconut oil spray, lay parchment circle into your pan, smooth out.
- Mix all dry ingredients(THM Baking Blend, THM Gentle Sweet, mineral salt and spice) thoroughly in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and vanilla; mix with fork until you get a nicely coated crumbly consistency; stir in spiced pepitas.
- Place crust mixture into your prepared 7 x 3 inch Fat Daddio cheesecake pan; press crust evenly into the bottom and out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven. allow the pan and crust to cool on a cooling rack while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing combine cream cheese and gentle sweet and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Flip mixer to low speed and gradually sprinkle in the xanthan gum, mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree and spices, beat on low speed until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, one egg and one egg yolk at a time until just incorporated.
- Lightly spray the sides of the cooled pan with coconut oil spray, add cheesecake batter, smooth out with the back of a smooth. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Add 1½ cup of water to the Instant Pot liner, add liner to the pot. Using either an aluminum foil sling or long handled trivet lower the cake into the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant pot using either the [Cake] or [Manual] settings, set time to 30 minutes. Allow the pot to NPR (natural pressure release) for 15 minutes. When finished remove pan to a cooling rack. Dab water from the foil cover with a paper towel, remove and gently dab any water from the cake top with the corner of a paper towel. Cool 10 minutes then run a thin knife around the edge to release cheesecake from sides allow to cool to room temperature. Chill at least 4 hours or over night.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve slices with a dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon and garnish with spiced pepitas.