Roasted Sugar and Spice Pepitas
Another great recipe for Pepitas! Pumpkin seeds—also known as pepitas—are flat, dark green seeds. Some are encased in a yellow-white husk (often called the “shell”), although some varieties of pumpkins produce seeds without shells. Pumpkin seeds have a malleable, chewy texture and a subtly sweet, nutty flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
While roasted pumpkins seeds are probably best known for their role as a perennial Halloween treat, these seeds are so delicious, and nutritious, that they can be enjoyed throughout the year. In many food markets, pepitas are available in all of the forms described above—raw and shelled, raw and unshelled, roasted and shelled, roasted and unshelled. They contain manganese (74%), phosphorus (57%), magnesium (48%), copper (48%), zinc (23%), protein (20%) and iron (16%). These daily value percentages are based on a 1/4 cup serving.
More Ways to Use Roasted Sugar and Spice Pepitas
Here are some ways that I like to use Roasted Sugar and Spice Pepitas:
- Garnish Pumpkin Pie Pudding Cups giving your desert that gourmet touch and added crunch
- Add them to your Pumpkin Cheesecake Crusts
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of mixed green salads.
- Add them to Granola for healthy crossover for children
- Lunch Box Snacks
- Add to baked treats in place of nuts
Accessories and Ingredients Used in Roasted Sugar and Spice Pepitas
Here are a few of the accessories and ingredients used to create this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with refined coconut oil spray.
- Beat egg white with whisk until frothy in a medium mixing bowl. Add THM Gentle Sweet, cinnamon and salt and whisk until blended. Mix in the pumpkin kernels (Pepitas). Stir until all are coated.
- Spread Pepitas in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until pepitas are golden brown and dry, stirring occasionally. 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven. Separate pepitas with a fork while still warn. Cool completely and store in a tightly sealed glass container.