Instant Pot Spanish Rice – THM E
Instant Pot Spanish Rice is a quick and easy one pot dish that doesn’t require any special ingredients! We often forget that Trim Healthy Mama E meals can be warm and comforting too! Our family loves this one pot dish.
This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon or other programs. I do earn a small commission from the sales made through these links; however your price never changes.
Instant Pot Spanish Rice is a quick and easy one pot meal. It’s almost a “dump and go” to make in your Instant Pot. The prep time is about 10 minutes including gathering your ingredients. I like to use 97% ground beef because it fits nicely in an E meal. In addition, it’s so much easier than rinsing and draining a fattier ground beef. To complete this meal just add a leafy green salad or a non-starchy vegetable and dinner is ready in less than 40 minutes!
Tools and Ingredients Used for Instant Pot Spanish Rice
Here are some of the tools and ingredients that I used in this recipe.
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 636
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Sodium: 1390mg
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- 2 pounds ground beef, 97% lean
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green pepper (chopped)
- 2 14.5 ounces diced canned tomatoes (with liquid)
- 2 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1¼ cups low sodium beef broth (or water)
- ½ teaspoon THM Himalayan mineral salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown rice
- 15 ounces black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)
- Set Instant Pot to saute until hot; add lean ground beef, saute until cooked.
- Add onion and pepper, saute slightly. Gradually add beef broth (or water), scraping the bottom of the liner to de-glaze.
- Add salt and Worcestershire sauce, stir.
- Add canned tomatoes, sauce and rice. DO NOT STIR. Lock lid in place; set pot using [Manual} or [Pressure Cook] button for 22 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Release any remaining pressure slowly. When the pin has dropped add black beans; stir into rice mixture.
- Allow to sit on keep warm for 3-5 minutes to heat beans through.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Reduce beef broth (or water) to 1 cup.
- Add all ingredients to the Crock-Pot liner. Stir thoroughly. Cover; cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours (High: 3 hours).
Spanish rice was one of my favorite dishes as a kid! I haven’t made it in years. Love the use of the Instant Pot too, great idea!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Denise Wood says
Would it change the E status to use kidney or pinto beans? We aren’t big fans of black beans.
Using a different bean such as kidney or pinto beans should be fine. They will not change the E status of this recipe.